Library of the IIIT Kalyani is a continuous growing organism with the compact features; document, user and services. Its core objective is to support academics in knowledge generation through different educational activities; teaching and research. It formerly appeared in 2014. It has the qualitative documents on Science, Technology, Engineering, Economics & Finance, Professional Communication and Ethics, and other subjects.
Apart from these core collections, documents on the competitive examination like GATE, CAT, GRE, literature and other subjects are also available. Library follows the ‘recommendation method’ to procure the documents, to meet the knowledge needs of academicians. The focus of the Library is to develop a qualitative collection with books, journals, digital document, and magazines.
Presently, four thousand and five hundreds of books are available at IIIT Kalyani library. In addition, we are trying to increase the number of books, newspaper, magazine, and journals day by day in IIIT Kalyani Library.
IIIT Kalyani Library procure six standards newspaper like,
Times of India
The Economic Times
The Indian Express
IIIT Kalyani Library Procure seven standards Magazines like,
1. Users should check the physical condition of a book while borrowing the same.
2. Immediately after the issue of a book, the user is required to take out the same from the library
3. No book shall be returned on the day of issue.
4. While leaving the library user should ensure that they carry only those books that are duly issued on their names, otherwise disciplinary action will be taken against them.
5. No material from the Library should be taken out without proper issue/recording. Any type of violation may lead to a disciplinary action.
6. When there is an emergent demand for a borrowed book, the same must be returned within seven days to the library.
7. Users are responsible for complying with the copyright act while photocopying library documents.
8. If any member is found misusing/mutilating/stealing/cutting pages from a book, disciplinary action will be initiated against him/her, besides withdrawing library facilities.
9. Improper use of library facilities by a member will lead to suspension of termination of his/her membership.
10. Use of Mobile phone is strictly prohibited inside the library premises. If found, the membership as well as use of library facilities may be suspended.
11. Please keep your personal belongings outside the library.
12. All issue & return of Library materials are handled from the Circulation Desk during its Working hours.
13. Borrowers are requested to make sure that the books are properly issued and/or returned.
14. The borrower is requested to check the books & other reading materials thoroughly for missing pages, chapters, any damages, markings etc. before borrowing.
15. No book in damaged conditions may be accepted from the borrower. Mutilated or Spoiled books may have to be replaced by the borrower.
16. If damaged book belongs to a set, then the user is responsible for the entire set.
17. Library materials will be issued / returned, only if borrower shows the ID card at the Circulation Desk.
18. Library users are requested to bring their ID cards while coming to the Library.
19. The Institute ID card used for borrowing Library materials is not transferable and must be produced whenever requested by Library staff.
20. Members are held responsible for all items issued on their name, until they are returned by the respective members to the Library.
21. Materials designated as Newspapers are not issued out.